Monday, April 28, 2008

Legendary canteen

I'm proud of the previous post (though it was long) because it gave me the motivation. Yeah, and I'm going to bed now. To turn in, as they say ^_^
But I wanted to write a few words about today. Because today I got this idea about motivation again.
I have been to University to apply for the law contest which is on the 4th of May. In 5 days, right.
Ok, I went to University. You know, it has lots of buildings and they are old and they look awesome. When I was a kid I wanted to get to this University because it was beautiful and it reminded me of buildings in some strategy game where there were lines on buildings in the colors of player. And there are the same lines on most buildings of this University and they are red (the default color of player).
So today I was impressed as always by these enormous buildings. And the weather was fine so after I gave all the necessary documents to one fair-haired guy and talked with two second-year female students about University life and entrance exams (they were speaking and I listened) I decided to take a tour around University and eat at the legendary canteen. I found it with the help of my bro's directions that he gave me a month ago (I called him to refresh them in my mind. It was like "Hi, bro, I want to go to the canteen, it is to the elevators and then on the left, I meant right. - Yeah, right"). And I had to ask a security guard because I knew I went the wrong direction. The canteen was behind me when I asked him. But you know, this is not an easy way. You should go to the elevators, then turn right before them and then turn left and then right and then there will be a long corridor with something suspicious like University theater or telegraph and then you see a lot of bikes and you see half of all people go straight forward down the ladder and the other half goes forward to where shops are. And I forgot where was a tricky ladder that you won't notice if you do not know that there should be one. I went back the other way =) But I ate at the canteen. I was nervous like this was some sort of a test. If you fail - you are hungry, if you succeed - you get a delicious dinner. It cost me about 1,40 euros for carrot salad with raisins and meat with buckwheat. And I took a sweet cherry compote to drink. However I got a dirty spoon which I did not have to use, thanks goodness. And there was no knife. But dinner was really good and I liked it.
Well, now I have another motivation besides the beauty of buildings - it is a cheap and good dinners at the Legendary Canteen.

No comments: