Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day -2

I am in apathy. I'm trying to find a reason for life again. And what was bothering me the most - what is it to be a great person? Is it to achieve something, to gain respect, or to be independent? What a man should do to become one? Will he be great only because people think of him that way or will he be great in his own mind? What is the greatness on the whole? Philosophic question, huh?
Ok, now about the things that I should really think about now.
How to write a composition based on several poems:
1. Read them and think of what you see there, what the author tried to tell with this.
2. Mark the most important words and lines in poems.
3. Read the list of themes of all poet's works. Point problems that were raised in given poems (if you don't know them). Check it.
4. Keep in mind that everybody is going to write about same things. So your thoughts are really valuable here.
5. Time to get down to work.
a) Take one theme and analyze given poems to match the theme.
b) Think of what to write in general about all the poems you have now and about every poem alone.
c) Try to make a plan - which part will go after another one.
d) After the plan is ready and checked for logical lines you should make up phrases or sentences to "glue" parts - so that it will look as finished harmonious work.

That's it. Aha. I have 4 poets and writers. About 30-40 themes on each one. And I haven't done a theme yet.
I'm quite sure I should have begun a month ago. Or - wait - I have had another problems back then. Ok, now I have to put up with this. I'm kind of tired of "hard" work as I have been doing no brain work for a week.
Today was like a "Nothing matters" stage.

No comments: